How To Clean An Oven The Safe And Natural Way
Before you call professional cleaners…
Yes giving your oven a clean can be one of the harder jobs to tackle around the house but with the right equipment and a bit of elbow grease you can have your oven in ship shape.
We recommend making your own natural oven cleaning paste. This is far healthier for you to use and does not leave unwanted toxic residues to burn when you go to cook your food.
- Baking soda
- Lemon Juice
- Scouring pad
- Paint Scraper (or preferably a scraping blade but use caution)
- Clean cloths or kitchen roll
- Remove all trays and racks. If you have a large plastic box or a big enough sink that you can leave them steep it will certainly take a lot of the labour out of the job.
- Mix a small amount of the lemon juice, vinegar and plenty of Baking soda until it has a paste like consistency.
- Use the scouring pad to apply the paste to the oven base, walls and roof.
- leave for 30 minutes.
- Use the paint scraper on stubborn burnt on grease.
- Apply vinegar to help break down any build-up.
- Rinse down with warm water.
- Apply the same method to the trays and racks.
We hope this helps and we would love to hear your feedback